Job TitleMaterial Handler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Material Handler with MAU with Synthomer. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have 2 years of forklift experience
- Strong detail orientation with ability to document results of work
- Excellent basic math skills
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to tip and roll 600 lbs. drums
- Must be able to push, pull, and bend
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $14 per hour
- Great Hours (Monday – Friday, First Shift 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
- No rotating shifts
- No weekends
- No overtime
What You’ll Do As A Material Handler:
- Follow all plant safety requirements and participate in activities to continuously improve safety performance. Lead/participate in department and site safety initiatives including attending and leading safety meetings as assigned.
- Safely operate a forklift to move packaged materials around the plant and stack goods in the warehouse up to 3 levels.
- Reviews paperwork associated with blend recipe to be made and sets up equipment according to instructions.
- Verifies raw material availability and restocks plant supply as needed. May also support other operators with raw material preparation for their batches.
- Weighs and adds raw materials to vessels, either manually, periodically lifting 55 lbs., or via hard piped systems utilizing pumps.
- Monitors processes and record gauge and test data throughout.
- Samples batches and makes adjustments upon quality control advice, if necessary, to meet quality standards. Resubmits sample and records changes.
- Records production data in log and SAP computer systems as pertains to batch.
- Filters and transfers final product into proper storage container, tank, or truck.
- Places identification labels on containers for storage and shipping.
- Cleans work area, tank-feeding lines, and vessel. Maintains housekeeping in shared work areas.
- Participates in inventory control processes including cycle counting.
- Participates in routine job inspection activities.
- Inspects personal safety equipment for compliance with standards prior to use.
- Stays current on safety and job training expectations.
- Work overtime as needed and be available during allotted time scheduled on the production call-in calendar.
- Performs all duties as requested by team manager.
- Comply with all site and job specific safe working expectations
- Produces compounded products as specified on batch sheets and bills of material (BOM)
- Monitors plant utility and operations systems, records data, and makes decisions to ensure safe operation and quality blends are made
- Handles filtration and packaging of finished products.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Material Handler position.