Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at Lap Tech Industries in York, SC. As a Machine Operator you will operate, adjust and monitor, and provide limited preventative maintenance of precision grinding and related support equipment.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2nd and 3rd shift openings
- Compliance with PPE standards
- Must have a thorough knowledge of quality control, production identification, defect identification, control of nonconforming, EHS procedures, use of QC gauging, and operating systems
- Ability to read, write and make calculations
- Must have a working knowledge of production documentation, machine set up, customer requirements, and preventative maintenance practices
- Ability to stand, lift, twist and bend
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13 to $15 based on experience
- Health benefits
- 401K plan
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Operate precision grinding/lapping machines, including fine grinding and other secondary operation equipment in accordance with associated job instructions, while maintaining defined part quality and equipment performance
- Perform necessary adjustments of equipment controls and mechanical components of the equipment operated
- Read and interpret part prints and understand the correlation between the print and critical dimensions
- Perform minor and limited preventive maintenance such as lubrication, sharpening, and other visible defects in equipment
- Use precision measuring instruments (such as caliper, micrometer, plug gauges, bore micrometer, dial indicator height gauge) to ensure that parts meet customer specifications
- Maintain cleanliness in and around work area
- Record production and quality information on designated operating systems, in accordance with in place operating procedures
- Involve an understanding of the purpose and necessity for accurate record keeping
- Perform area pre-shift / shift ending checklist(s) prior to the operation of the equipment to ensure the equipment is in good working order
- Responsible to follow all sort area instructions to ensure a quality part, packaged in the appropriate container, produced at the required production rates, and accurately completed data entry transactions in a timely manner, and the completeness of the order
- Perform sort operations as per applicable procedures and job instructions to ensure non-conforming product does not ship to a customer
- Occupation includes a requirement to follow EHS procedures
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.