Job CategoryMachine Operator
Job TitleCNC Machinist
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a CNC Machinist with MAU at General Electric in Greenville, SC. Join the team that brings real progress and possibility to every corner of the planet. As a CNC Machinist, you will set up and operate of a variety of metalworking equipment.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $20 per hour
- Health Benefits
- Opportunity for overtime
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of general machine shop experience in set-up and operation of a variety of manual and CNC machines - mills, drills, grinders, broaches, turret lathes, horizontal bore, EDM, engine lathes, etc.
- Or graduate of any recognized machinist or tool maker course
- Experience or training utilizing a combination of blue prints and work instructions to produce machine parts
- Availibility for either 2nd shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM) or 3rd shift (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM)
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodation
- Availibility for overtime and occasional weekend shifts
What You’ll Do As A CNC Machinist:
- Set up and operate:
- A variety of metalworking equipment
- A variety of production equipment and tooling in a gas turbine manufacturing facility
- Use of a variety of measuring devices - ID and OD micrometers, calipers, Coordinate Measuring Machines, etc.
- Manual and CNC machines - Mills, drills, grinders, broaches, turret lathes, horizontal bore, EDM, engine lathes, balance machines, etc.
- Various material-moving equipment - forklifts, jib/gantry cranes, etc.
- Use a variety of associated shop equipment and tooling
- Perform other assigned duties as required
The MAU Greenville branch holds walk-in interviews on Mondays from 9 - 11 AM and 2 - 4 PM. Please either complete or update your application before coming in to interview.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the CNC Machinist position.