Job TitleMaintenance Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
This position is responsible for leadership of the maintenance team as they maximize reliability of designated plant equipment while ensuring employee safety and product quality. Directly supervises Planners, Store Room Coordinator, Mechanics and Electricians in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, etc. Will be a leader of Professional Maintenance oriented improvement projects in area of responsibility involving the incorporation of World Class Manufacturing techniques and principles into all maintenance systems.
- Accountable for safe maintenance activities. Will promote, teach and improve safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors such as LOTO, permits to work, safety audits etc.
- Identifies and executes development for the maintenance team in both technical and soft skills.
- Progressively improves the Professional Maintenance status of all equipment on a prioritized basis using WCM techniques and practices.
- Ensures the sustainability of completed improvements by the maintenance team.
- Oversees timely completion of breakdown root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation (EWO).
- Works with maintenance lead personnel and the maintenance planner to ensure correct prioritization and timely completion of all work orders and sets out work on a weekly or day to day basis.
- Works with planners and stores room coordinator to ensure spares holding is optimized and coherent with the Professional Maintenance equipment requirements.
- Plan, utilize and manage outside contractors as necessary.
- Maintain, use and train CMMS system.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities with other departments to minimize plant downtime and maximize safety.
Works with maintenance lead personnel and the maintenance planner to ensure correct prioritization and timely completion of all work orders and sets out work on a weekly or day to day basis.
Works with planners and stores room coordinator to ensure spares holding is optimized and coherent with the Professional Maintenance equipment requirements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in an Industrial Environment including 2 years of direct supervision experience
- Strong people development, teaming and collaborative decision making skills required.
- Requires proficient typing skills and to be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook/e-mail.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use local business systems and CMMS systems.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing and varying work requirements.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time-off package includes 9 company paid holidays and paid vacation time
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities