Job TitleMAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at Milliken in LaGrange, GA.Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future
The Technician performs general and preventive maintenance on equipment. Technicians are responsible for trouble shooting and servicing mechanical breakdowns.
The PM Technician will report to the Engineering Services Supervisor and is required to perform mechanical repairs and maintenance as part of the scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) process. PM Technician will also assist the PM Electricians as required. Job responsibilities include maintenance of mechanical systems, troubleshooting breakdowns and abnormal machine operations, assist with maintaining spare parts inventory, working with or leading contractors, completing work orders assigned, and complying with all plant safety rules and procedures. The PM Technician shall be self-motivated, demonstrate strong communication skills, and must be able to work with others in a team environment.
1. Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve opportunities.
2. Minimum 2 years industrial mechanical experience. 2 year electrical, electronics, or electro-mechanical degree from an accredited school is preferred, but not required.
3. Must have working knowledge of the tools and materials common to the mechanical trade.
4. Read and comprehend mechanical drawings and schematics.
5. Must have working knowledge to properly install piping systems, both screwed welded.
6. Must have basic mechanical knowledge that includes; drive system, piping systems, pneumatics and hydraulics.
7. Able to lift 50 lbs. and be capable of using motorized equipment (i.e. fork lifts, tuggers, jiig lift)
1. Actively participate in the Live Oak Complex safety process which includes complying with all safety rules and procedures and participate on a plant safety team.
2. Work the posted PM schedule. This is typically Monday through Friday, but there are occasions when PM is scheduled on the weekends.
3. Be available for after hour support or on weekends as required.
4. Able to interact effectively with management, staff, vendors, customers, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
5. Maintain a 1.0 score on equipment PM post audits.
6. Complete work orders and projects assigned.
7. Present PM performance charts in the weekly Engineering Services team meeting.
8. Satisfactorily complete CSD (Continuous Skills Development) training requirements.
Apply IN PERSON at
- 201 Calumet Center Rd, Ste D, LaGrange, GA
OR apply online atwww.mau.com
Contact our MAU office @ 706/298-4690 for questions
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: Proceeding description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Technician.