Job TitleMaintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with our client in Thomson, GA, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining manufacturing equipment and systems, plant equipment and systems, and perform building maintenance in support of manufacturing operations.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Opportunity for advancement
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Maintenance
- Equivalent combination of education and experience also accepted
- 2 years of Industrial Maintenance experience
- Must be able to work while elevated
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in hot and cold temperature extremes
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plant safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to policies and procedures
- Understand plant environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to performance of daily duties
- Maintain high standards of quality and workmanship in performance of all duties
- Install and startup new manufacturing or support equipment including preparation of foundations, assembly of equipment per manufacturer’s drawings, leveling and alignment of equipment or components using appropriate tools and instruments, and startup and adjustment of equipment
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment malfunctions on all plant and manufacturing equipment
- Diagnose and repair basic electrical malfunctions on plant and manufacturing equipment including finding and replacing blown fuses, repairing damaged wiring, and replacing defective components
- Assist in diagnosis and repair malfunctions of CNC, PLC machine controls, motor controls, AC/DC drive controls, oven temperature controls, gas burner controls, induction furnace controls, and other common industrial control and instrumentation devices
- Perform preventive maintenance on and inspection of plant and manufacturing equipment according to documented procedures and methods
- Assist with developing preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for equipment using OEM equipment manuals and component manuals
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions and perform routine maintenance on forklifts and other mobile equipment
- Bench repair/rebuild of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment components
- Layout, fitting, and installation of screwed or welded piping components and systems
- Structural repair of equipment, tools, or components using appropriate methods and materials
- Plan material requirements, layout, and fabricate tools, components or other assemblies per drawings or per functional requirements using common materials including metals, plastics, etc. and common methods including welding, bolting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Shift Team Leader
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply