Advanced Maintenance Technician
LocationGreen Island, NY
Job TitleAdvanced Maintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Advanced Maintenance Technician
Expand your professional portfolio as an Advanced Maintenance Technician with our client in Albany, NY. As the Advanced Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for a variety of plant equipment including sewing machines, automatic quilters, mechanized conveyors, and building utilities such as power and compressed air distribution. Multi-craft skills are required, to include, but not limited to, welding. You will also set up, service and repair mechanical and computer-controlled machinery used in mattress manufacturing. This Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair electrical infrastructure, including basic PLC programming, electrical equipment installations, and circuit board replacements. This is a direct-hire position.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Great hours
- Direct-hire opportunity
- Experience with PLC’s and control systems, reading electrical schematics, building functioning controls panels/systems (electrical).
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical systems including; Hydraulic systems, low- and high-pressure pumps, open and closed loop piping systems and the ability to troubleshoot existing mechanical systems and prepare scope of work for installation of new systems (mechanical)
- Experience plus advanced knowledge and background in, manufacturing equipment and industrial electrical systems
- Experience installing/replacing industrial motors, VFD, control power
- Certificate or license in electrical, or PLC Controls (preferred)
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including, but not limited to, programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment. Such equipment may include sewing equipment, motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair sewing equipment, preventative maintenance; carryout scheduled maintenance.
- Repair and set up equipment for operators, either mechanically or by programming;
- Respond to sudden breakdowns during production
- Assemble and test machinery to make sure it is safe and operational before placing back into production
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply