Job TitleMaintenance Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Maintenance Technician with MAU at Mahle-Behr in North Charleston. As the Maintenance Technician, you will perform routine preventative maintenance repair, trouble shoot, rebuild and align all equipment as required.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Trade school (preferred)
- Journeyman certificate
- Or 5 years industrial mechanical experience
- Working knowledge of common maintenance tools
- 2+ years of experience
- Ability to weld (preferred)
- General knowledge and experience in power transmissions, pneumatics, electrical, hydraulics, etc. as applicable in manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Proven fabrication skills and ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Good general and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Good general maintenance knowledge
- Basic machining experience in mill or lathe and ability to interpret precision measurement instruments (ie caliper, dial indicator, etc.)
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to enter various data and work orders
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $23 per hour
- Multiple shifts available
- 1st shift
- 2nd shift
- 3rd shift
- Overtime available
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Temp-to-hire opportunity
What You’ll Do As A Maintenance Technician:
- Ensure all machinery is in safe working condition
- Actively participate in root cause analysis processes
- Assist in cross training of maintenance team and other team member
- Complete cost-effective repairs in a timely manner
- Actively participate in CIP (continuous improvement process)
- Complete assigned work orders and preventive maintenance work orders
- Function as a member of Manufacturing, Engineering, 5s, Ergonomic, or Kaizan teams
- Must be flexible to work overtime and any shift as required
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Maintenance Technician position.