Job TitleElectrical Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Electrical Technician with MAU in Gaffney, SC. As the Electrical Technician you will install, repair and maintain machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment such as electrical controls, electrical/servomotors, pneumatic, hydraulic and programmable logic controller equipment.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or an equivalent of education and experience
A certificate or diploma from a recognized technical school or college in the field of electronics, electrical repair and PLC training
- 4 or more years of related field experience may be submitted for the certificate or diploma. This will be at Management’s discretion
- Ability to interpret equipment manuals, complex diagrams, drawings, tables, and charts
Experience performing troubleshooting of equipment
- Proven mechanical and troubleshooting abilities
- 2+ years’ experience in an automotive parts manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of electrical circuitry, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems, as they relate to machine operation and maintenance activities
Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- Must have strong knowledge of electrical safety practices
- Excellent Hand-eye coordination
- Conventional computer skills, including applications like MS Office, Outlook & Excel
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18.49 based on experience
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Rewards Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
What You’ll Do As Electrical Technician:
- Provide repair and service support in manufacturing environment, working with production type machinery
- Perform full range of maintenance on assigned equipment; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal and preventative maintenance
- Assign duties, instructs, and guides the work of Mechanic B or other lower grade craftsmen assigned to projects as needed
- Observe and comply with safety precautions for self and others, especially Lock-Out Policy
- Maintain good housekeeping
- May perform other duties as necessary including cross-training on production jobs to fill vacancies as needed and /or assist shift supervisor on the movement of product from one station to the next
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines and equipment
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, connects cables and wires between machine and equipment
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, controls and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires, cables and parts
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electrical components such as printed circuit boards
- Program automated machinery such as PLC’s, test for malfunctions and verify repairs
- Plan layout of wiring, install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in building
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- Employee will be standing, walking, using hands, climbing, reaching and stooping
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Electrical Technician position.