Job TitleMaintenance Tech
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Maintenance Technician with MAU at Rmax in Greer. Join the team that designs the latest superior insulating protection. Rmax has been in business since 1978 and have plants in three different states that work with integrity and responsiveness.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- One year certificate from college or technical school or three to six months related experience and/or training
- Forklift training and certificate required.
- Some working knowledge of OSHA, NEC regulations.
- Welding/Electrical Journeyman’s license Preferred
- 1 Year of experience in maintenance
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (Monday-Friday 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crawl
- Ability to balance, stand and walk for hours at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer:
- Pay range of $21-$25 per hour, based on experience
- No weekends
- No rotating shifts
- Overtime may be available
- Health benefits
What You’ll Do As A Maintenance Technician:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Maintains, repairs and rebuilds equipment such as compressors, pumps, hydraulic motors, valves and cylinders
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repairs or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Cuts, welds and saws wood and steel components as required to fabricate temporary/permanent repairs or construction
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors, and programmable controllers
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, DC drive controls, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables
- Reads and interprets Electrical and Mechanical prints and schematics as required
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Manager/Plant Engineer to diagnose malfunction
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, solenoids and motors, and positions sensing devices
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards, PLC and computer components
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Maintenance Technician position.