Job TitleMaintenance Mechanic
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Chesapeake, VA, and expand your professional portfolio. Help sustain quality production by performing predictive and proactive maintenance procedures and servicing equipment.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
- Opportunity for advancement
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing environment or an Associate’s degree in industrial technology
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, servicing mobile equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in hydraulics, lubrication, and mechanical equipment; basic understanding of types of lubricants and application of each
- Ability to utilize skills to improve equipment reliability
- Experience reading technical diagrams and schematics
- Ability to work well in high places in excess of 175 feet, use man lifts, and work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to complete training as required by Supervisor and specified by Enviva
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system (preferred), or manual system (required)
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with vibration analysis and precision alignment (preferred)
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders and provide own basic tools
- Identification and documentation of specification equipment, and submission for follow-on inspection/corrective maintenance as applicable
- Drive continuous improvement of the lubrication and associated preventive program is included with support provided by the company
- Ensure proper preventive maintenance is completed on critical and auxiliary machinery associated with 24/7 pellet manufacturing
- Meticulous adherence to approved procedures
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply