Employment TypeContract Associate
Certified Medical Assistant
Start your new career as a Certified Medical Assistant with MAU at NavCare in Augusta, GA. As a Certified Medical Assistant you will engage with prospective and established clients by placing and receiving calls to discuss Chronic Care Management services. You will respond to patient needs such as ensuring medications are refilled, scheduling appointments, obtaining records from other providers and performing monthly telephonic wellness assessments as support for the Wellness Team.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13.00 an hour
- Health Benefits
- Great hours (First Shift: 8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Conveniently Located
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Employee Recognition Award with $500 Cash Prize
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Medical Assistant Certification through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP) is required. Applicants must provide their Certification ID Number.
- 2 years’ experience in a physician’s office, hospital or similar setting (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong data entry and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with a variety clinical systems and ability to quickly master new IT systems
- Adaptability to work with various disciplines in multiple locations (i.e. NAVCARE center, physician office, facility)
- Flexibility to handle a workload that fluctuates greatly based on needs
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and has an awareness of sensitivity of patient information
What You’ll Do as a Certified Medical Assistant:
- Contact patients to support case management
- Interpret vitals via phone and document accordingly and accurately
- Ask questions to record symptoms and assist with identifying root cause
- Respond to patients with active listening to care needs
- Outbound calling to patients for reminders of appointments, medication and therapy
- Ensure monthly wellness assessments are completed per patient
- Stay up to date with patient medical history and notate any changes
- Obtain records from providers
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Certified Medical Assistant position.