Plant Cost Accounting Manager
Job TitlePlant Cost Accounting Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
- The Plant Cost Accounting Manager oversees all aspects of Factory Accounting, Costing Systems/Processes and Plant Financial Results. This position:
- Works closely with plant management to track and improve factory financial performance.
- Analyzes and works to minimize manufacturing variances.
- Manages Capital Spending authorizations, fixed asset register.
- Is a key participant in the closing process including managing all plant accounting closing steps and working to coordinate transition between local ERP and the Group Reporting systems.
- Acts as 401K administrator.
- Ensures accurate and timely Tax coordination.
- Processes plant financial closing for two plant locations, Including:
- Inventory and Work Order closing.
- Fixed asset register, depreciation.
- Maintain proper excess and obsolete reserves.
- Analyze ratios and identify miss-postings.
- Account Reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Calculate and investigate variances and implement corrective actions
- Responsible for the Profitability Analysis, Detailed Sales reporting, and uploads to the consolidation system.
- Plant Budgets and Forecasts.
- Leads accounting participant in annual physical inventory process.
- Sets standard costs.
- Key point of contact during annual audit of assigned areas.
- Approves all Expense Reports for Policy Compliance and administer expense reporting software.
- Oversees non-health related insurance programs (property, liability, workers comp, etc.).
- Manages Construction in Process and Fixed Assets.
- Oversee sales tax US
- Responsible for coordination of 401K Plan. Interacts with employees, 401K advisors, 401K committee, and plan administrator. Lead contact for annual external audit of the 401K plan.
- Acts as primary contact between external tax preparer and the company to provide required documentation and general oversight over the process. Ensures external tax preparer meets all deadlines and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the overall supervision, training and development, motivation, coordination and evaluation of the Sales and Use Tax Specialist.
- Proactively coaches and motivates employees in the Department.
- Effectively addresses employee concerns, disciplinary actions and resolves problems.
- Ensures all employees in the Department understand how the Company is performing and what contribution they make toward Company goals.
- Ensures all employees in the Department know how they're doing compared to their performance standards.
- Ensures all employees in the Department have the skills and knowledge to do their jobs, or there is a plan to obtain them.
- Ensures all employees in the Department receive an interim and annual performance review. There is evidence that an ongoing informal recognition system is being used.
- Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment;
- Interacts with external and internal customers in a manner conducive to continued positive relationships
- Displays patience, courtesy and tact; demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary.
- Demonstrates effective communication methods.
- Accurately and legibly presents written data to affected internal/external customer.
- Checks and responds to voice mail messages in a timely manner;
- Maintains and encourages an open line of communication with both internal and external customers;
- Responds quickly to all oral and written communications;
- Must have the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial team member both in the factory and in business management roles.
- Written communication skills are appropriate to all levels of the Company.
- President, CFO and/or appropriate management staff are kept informed of developments affecting their functions;
- Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, industry standards, ISO 13485 standards, and Federal, State and local laws.
- Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the company Quality System and Quality Policy.
- Accurately performs any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Master's Degree Preferred
- 10+ Years Manufacturing Accounting Experience
- Experience / Certification with International Accounting
- Cost Accounting Background
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products; SAP and D365 experience preferred
- Tax experience desired.
- Demonstrates utmost diligence, accuracy and sense of commitment.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in Excel, ERP systems, Accounting software
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.