Assistant Regional Controller
Job TitleAssistant Regional Controller
Employment TypeDirect Placement
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Our multi-national client is a leading supplier of pumps, valves and related systems. These are used in a large variety of applications ranging from building services, industry and water transport to waste water treatment and power plant processes. the company has a presence on all continents with its own sales and marketing organisations, manufacturing facilities and service operations. They employ more than 16,000 people. The company also has 170 service centers and over 3,000 service staff to provide inspection, maintenance and repair services worldwide. We are partnering with them to find a Regional Tax Manager.
- Assist the Controller with various ad hoc reporting, financial analysis and month-end/year-end closing activities.
- Work with the external tax firm to prepare and review quarterly filings, including estimated income taxes and various government census reporting, the preparation and filing of all annual and consolidated federal and state income tax reports, statements, returns, etc. as required by law and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for oversight and direction of sales/use tax and property tax. Advises management on research of tax consequences of proposed transactions and/or projects.
- Responsible for Support relationship with internal/external auditors.
- Provide regulatory information to accounts payable, finance and purchasing personnel to assist with decision making.
- Correspond with various tax authorities regarding assessments, tax notices, audits requests, and other related issues.
- Assist in the preparation of annual footnotes and financial statement disclosures for US GAAP and IFRS
- Performs analysis of current state tax positions and pursues opportunities to minimize and/or recover tax paid to taxing jurisdictions.
- Provide support to the accounting teams to review tax impact of corporate transactions and intercompany transactions
- Coordinate and deliver information timely to external auditors to assist with efficient close process
- Drive process improvements and facilitate streamlining of routine tasks
- Assist with special projects and perform ad hoc requests as needed
- Prepares all necessary applications for tax credits and incentives, keeping status list of outstanding items, and researches new opportunities for tax credits and incentives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in industry or public accounting
- CPA or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; inquisitive with new ideas and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities