Regional Tax Manager
Job TitleRegional Tax Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Regional Tax Manager
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Our multi-national client is a leading supplier of pumps, valves and related systems. These are used in a large variety of applications ranging from building services, industry and water transport to waste water treatment and power plant processes. the company has a presence on all continents with its own sales and marketing organisations, manufacturing facilities and service operations. They employ more than 16,000 people. The company also has 170 service centers and over 3,000 service staff to provide inspection, maintenance and repair services worldwide. We are partnering with them to find a Regional Tax Manager.
This is an individual contributor role (no direct reports) responsible for preparation and review of all federal, state and local tax compliance and reporting
- Prepare and review quarterly filings, including estimated income taxes and various government census reporting
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of all annual and consolidated federal and state income tax reports, statements, returns, etc. as required by law and generally accepted accounting principles. Also responsible for oversight and direction of sales/use tax and property tax.
- Support relationship with internal/external auditors.
- Advises management on research of tax consequences of proposed transactions and/or projects.
- Maintain tax accounting standards and reporting knowledge
- Provide regulatory information to accounts payable, finance and purchasing personnel with regard to various state sales/use tax laws
- Correspond with various tax authorities regarding assessments, tax notices, audits requests, and other related issues
- Prepare annual tax footnote and financial statement disclosure for US GAAP and IFRS
- Performs analysis of current state tax positions and pursues opportunities to minimize and/or recover tax paid to taxing jurisdictions.
- Provide support to the accounting teams to review tax impact of corporate transactions and intercompany transactions
- Manage and perform first-level technical review of income tax provision of local entities of assigned region(s), including detailed review of deferred tax balances, permanent tax rate drivers, tax payable balances and true-up calculations
- Coordinate and deliver information timely to external auditors to assist with efficient close process
- Drive process improvements and facilitate streamlining of routine tasks
- Assist with special projects and perform ad hoc requests as needed
- Prepares all necessary applications for tax credits and incentives, keeping status list of outstanding items, and researches new opportunities for tax credits and incentives.
- Maintains comprehensive tax calendar for federal, state and local filing requirements.
- Generates and supports Regional Controller with Reporting and Analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum five years relevant corporate tax experience in industry or public accounting
- CPA or Master of Tax preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; inquisitive with new ideas and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities