Mercedes-Benz Vans - Controlling Analyst
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Controlling Analyst
Employment TypeDirect Placement
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Analyze and provide financial support to management regarding ongoing financial development of the different business areas at Mercedes Benz Vans. Analyze cost and contribution of parts, projects, and product lines as needed. Regular interaction with colleagues in Germany is essential for this team in order to maintain international alignment of budget values, as well as general processes and methods.
- Leads planning and budgeting processes. Creates financial models and forecasts for e.g. labor / non-labor costs, fixed and variable expense analysis, etc. Develop targets to optimize the financial performance of the respective business areas
- Analyzes and forecasts complex financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate, timely information and special studies for strategic and operational decisions to include short term and long term financial planning and competitive position
- Communicates annual/quarterly financial results vs. budgets, forecasts and prior periods for assigned business areas
- Performs analysis and suggests solutions to improve financial performance by tracking budgets and reporting variances to target
- Tracks and manages project expenses to ensure accuracy and validity of revenue recognition
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial information so senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions
- Performs quarterly and annual revenue and expense analysis and reconciliations for assigned business areas
- Works on financial analysis projects
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar concentration. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Experience in supporting financial planning and project experience are a plus
- Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet deadlines and collaborate with different time zones required
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities