Job TitleManufacturing Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with MAU in Leeds, Alabama, and expand your professional portfolio. The Manufacturing Engineer directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects. Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and company standards. Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Health Benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with various manufacturing processes
- Must have demonstrated success in continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of
- CNC Millis/Lathes
- Machining castings, AL welding, and rubber molding (preferred)
- Best in class assembly practices (preferred)
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
- Must have basic knowledge of quality tools
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient project management skills
- Some travel (about 20%) is required
- Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
- Participate in, and at times, lead capital improvement projects for new equipment, retrofits, etc.
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation as process changes dictate
- Provide training to the shop floor for said changes
- Work with shop floor supervisors to generate and update manufacturing documents
- Inspect equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions and suggest improvements
- Design and implement tooling and or fixtures to support improvement ideas
- Assist in developing and implementing cycle time and cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply