Product Development Engineer
Job TitleProduct Development Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Product Development Engineer
Jumpstart your career with our client in Evans, GA and expand your professional portfolio. As the Product Development Engineer, you will design, develop and validate vehicle related systems and components from concept through production.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated expertise in product and assembly design for various manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated use and experience with CAD software (PTC Creo preferred)
- Demonstrated use and experience in GD&T
- Experience working in a vehicle related business preferred
- Strong ability to handle both complex and ambiguous situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously – mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
- Self-motivated, a strong collaborator, able to think creatively and work with others to find solutions, drive execution, and focus on results
- Solid Project Management/leadership skills
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to follow internal engineering design processes and best practices
- Lead the design process of vehicle related components and modules from concept to production
- Perform project related assignments and work directly with all facets of the organization to ensure project success with respect to Quality, Delivery and Cost goals
- Transform market requirements into system, subsystem and component requirements.
- Conduct DFMEA
- Create Design Validation Plans
- Utilize PTC Creo to design & develop mechanical components, subsystems and systems
- Incorporate tolerance studies and DFMA
- Perform FEA as necessary
- Create and release component and assembly drawings using GD&T when appropriate
- Lead and engage cross functional teams to ensure quality, delivery and cost metrics are attained
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply