Job TitleAPQP Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
APQP Engineer/Project Specialist
This position does project work to support the contract review process and the project and program level inspection and tests that are needed to meet customer expectations. These include both customer capital projects and new product development projects. This role will lead the development, implementation and execution of Non-Destructive Testing program.
New Product Development Projects/EIP Projects
- Supports the development of new products by implementing appropriate APQP to maximize customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability.
- Leads/facilitates specific APQP activities/events.
- Provide technical expertise in product development projects, design reviews, verification, validation and manufacturability involving R&D, Product Group, Procurement, Manufacturing and other departments.
- Travel to key supplier to help complete key project requirements
Customer Capital Projects
- Attends and communicates to the operations function any necessary requirements outside of our standard process that are required by the project contract.
- Builds inspection structure into SAP system, as applicable.
- Participate in customer attended/witnessed testing and coordinate with project leaders/managers.
- Lead the completion of Customer quality surveys, on site reviews and system/performance audits.
- Either have or have a willingness to become a Certified Weld Inspector per AWS standards.
Engineering Change Process/ Manufacturing Change Process
- Help develop, enhance and implement specification change review and implementation process.
- Assist in drawing reviews prior to release.
- Lead Design FMEA’s where applicable.
- Help oversee that changes that require parts in process, in transit, and/or are in inventory get modified and qualified per engineering requirements.
Nondestructive Testing/Evaluation Leader
- Evaluate customer expectations regarding non-destructive inspections.
- Select and assist the selection of appropriate standards. Where a suitable standard doesn’t exist – lead the development of an appropriate standard.
- Write inspection policies and procedures for NDT methods and for use at supplier locations as applicable to meet customer requirements.
- Authorize/Certify NDT results
- Establish programs, policies and procedures to evaluate precision, accuracy, capability of processes, products, production equipment, testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and help resolve any reported quality/performance problems stemming from the launch of Capital or new product development.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the Integrated Management System
- Perform other Quality and ESH audits as duties require.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on improvement tools and methodologies.
- Support the development and administration of the customer corrective and preventative action (CAPA) system, internal non-conformances and Quality Management Systems.
- Assist in the coordination of ISO 9001 certification standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Statistics from an accredited institution required.
- ASQ certification as CQE, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB or other certification is a plus.
- Knowledgeable Advanced Product Quality Planning. Subject Matter Expert.
- Knowledgeable of various Management System requirements such as ISO-9001,
- Knowledge and ability to understand and apply process audit principles (ISO/ASQ), Project Management
- Structured Problem Solving
- Strong statistical principles and data analysis.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity for advancement
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities