Regional Reliability Engineer
Job TitleRegional Reliability Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Enviva combines earth’s oldest renewable energy source with 21st century technology to make wood pellets. By using wood pellets instead of coal, electric utilities can reduce the lifetime greenhouse gas emissions intensity of power generation by 80%. And wood pellets can provide uninterrupted power at any time, at large scale and at comparatively low cost. As a result, Enviva delivers a sustainable, cost-efficient and essential complement to wind and solar power.
Founded in 2004, Enviva is today the world’s largest producer of wood pellets – a small and seemingly ordinary product that is helping solve intractable challenges of energy and the environment and delivering real results.
Enviva owns and operates almost three million tons of wood pellet production capacity which we have strategically located in the southeastern United States, one of the most attractive wood fiber regions in the world due to its abundance of commercial, working forests and growing timber inventories. We export our pellets to major utilities and power generators in the United Kingdom, Europe and increasingly Asia that previously were fueled by coal, enabling them to reduce their carbon footprint by about 80 percent. We make our pellets using sustainable practices that protect Southern forests. And we employ more than 600 people and support many other businesses in the rural South, where jobs and economic opportunity are sometimes scarce.
We are proud that our procurement activities provide essential markets for low-value wood and help keep forests forested. At Enviva, our job is more than making pellets. We work for lower emissions, healthy forests and strong communities.
Enviva conducts its activities through two entities: Enviva Partners, LP, a publicly-traded master limited partnership (NYSE: EVA), and Enviva Development Holdings, LLC, a wholly-owned private company.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies to utilize TPM methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets
- Partners with manufacturing leadership teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives through proper maintenance and reliability programs
- Provides technical expertise to reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), reduce breakdown reoccurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF)
- Creates and updates standard work documents (SOP’s) to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders
- Supports the 8 TPM pillars as a technical resource with coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Coordinates the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar to deliver reliable maintenance processes including: 5S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications
- Manages equipment change events and small projects to deliver new SOP’s, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards assessments
- Maintains an integrated maintenance master plan in concert with the location Manager and Maintenance Leader utilizing quantitative information consistent with business goals
- Supports development of the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Early Equipment Management (EEM) pillars
- Implements other support pillars to comply with safety, good housekeeping, quality and related regulatory requirements
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast changing manufacturing environment
- Must have experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements
- Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars
- Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment is preferred
- Must have applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes
- Must have experience managing P.M. (preventative maintenance) practices
- Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development
- Demonstrated experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes
- Working knowledge of Process Mapping is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities