Director, Expansion Projects
Job TitleDirector, Expansion Projects
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Director - Expansion Projects
Expand your professional portfolio at Enviva as a Director, Expansion Projects in Raleigh, NC. As the Director you will work directly with the VP, Expansion Projects to lead a cross-disciplinary team through the evaluation, design and execution of several capital projects that will expand the production capacity at existing Enviva plants.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar discipline
- Masters Degree of Engineering (preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in progressive experience in capital project design and execution, culminating in 5+ years of leadership of large ($50MM+) capital project design
- Demonstrated ability to develop project budgets and schedule and experience reducing cost and schedule through targeted initiatives
- Experience in wood products industry including familiarity
- 5+ years of experience in project scope development including ability to analyze cost / benefit of different design options and communicate benefits of various scenarios
- Demonstrated large capital project experience in decision making, risk management, progressing and tracking, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with contractor planning and scheduling while prioritizing organizational needs for planning and scheduling
- Define, develop and manage executions of Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company
- Analytical, process and results oriented with strong focus on orderliness, structure, and planning
- Strong attention to detail and strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations
- Effectively collaborate, communicate and influence internal cross-functional stakeholders, including operations, engineering, corporate development and construction teams
- Lead front-end engineering and design activities and development of capital budgets and schedules for capital expansions of existing Enviva manufacturing facilities
- Coordinate other project development activities including permitting, utilities, and government incentives; manage timelines, schedules and action registers
- Direct and supervise engineering and procurement activities including internal and external team members
- Provide leadership and direction to projects under construction
- Coordinate within the organization to facilitate interdepartmental collaboration and completeness of execution;
- Provide management with timely and accurate reporting of project status and key decision parameters
- Lead the development and delivery of strategic plans for selection of vendors for execution and contracting strategy
- Provide guidance to the team to ensure compliance with plans and to maintain company standards for project time, cost and quality
- Coordinate cross-functional teams throughout the organization, as well as with external vendor/agency partners, to ensure alignment and compliance with company criteria, operation needs and budget guidelines
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction within the Expansions group that’s aligned with shared values and operational discipline
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply