Enviva - Director of Maintenance & Reliability
Job TitleEnviva - Director of Maintenance & Reliability
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Director of Maintenance & Reliability
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Raleigh, NC and expand your professional portfolio. As the Director of Maintenance & Reliability you will develop a strategic maintenance program to assure operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak labor utilization. This role will also coordinate site-wide reliability maintenance planning for critical facilities and assets by creating & Implementing work flows, procedures, work instructions, metrics and Key Performance Indicators. The director will be the key resource for managing a team of regional resources that support maintenance and reliability practices at all sites.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is required. MS or MBA is preferred
- 12+ years of Engineering experience
- 7+ or more years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership
- Experience in engineering and manufacturing of highly engineered products in a heavy industrial, continuous manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance is essential
- Experience in leading maintenance reliability teams is essential
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proficient leadership skills
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork
- Proven track record of hiring, training and managing staff to meet company objectives
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn other applications related to the position
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Ability to travel up to 50% Domestically
- Serve as the primary change agent for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful continuous improvement practices
- Develop & implement maintenance reliability strategies to increase machine OEE and achieve optimal performance
- Coordinate with maintenance teams to validate maintenance plans, schedules, instructions, spare parts specifications applying industry best practices
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M) spend at sites collaborate with local team to manage spends to budget.
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop capital renewal plans (deferred maintenance) based on projected asset life for critical facilities
- Include alternative scenarios reflecting maintenance improvements, operating conditions, future customer requirements and technology advances
- Execute the methodologies and tools of RCM and TPM
- Manage and identify opportunities in mean time between failures of assets
- Building an effective maintenance reliability team through internal & external recruiting
- Monitor every stage of production, analyze current methods and incorporate techniques to increase productivity and minimize waste
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply