Job TitleManufacturing Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with our client in Hastings, NE, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, improving, and implementing processes and programs that to support the continuing improvement of quality and operational efficiencies while reducing the overall cost structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with CAD/CAM (preferred)
- Exposure to new product and process development activities identified by AIAG APQP procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including fabrication, assembly, and testing
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Poke-Yoke, Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Proficient problem solving/analysis skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Suggest, evaluate, implement and manage multiple manufacturing projects from beginning to end
- Implement product changes and process changes on the production floor related to risk elimination, cost improvement projects, production demand, workstation design, material presentation, etc.
- Own process flow diagram and PFMEA for assigned areas; Use these tools to reduce process variation and risk
- Work as part of the Change Management Team in the introduction of new products and processes
- Implement cost effective manufacturing by taking marketing wants, along with design engineering requirements, and overlaying this on existing capacities and capabilities to arrive at a cost effective workable process
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices on safety and ergonomic improvements
- Review product BOM’s and update accordingly
- Perform line balances, capacity analysis, time studies, labor costing
- Evaluate production capacities
- Implement capital equipment including evaluation, selection, run-offs, and implementation
- Review plant layouts and updates drawings accordingly
- Document what is normal state and then be able to identify actions to correct abnormal conditions
- Perform general duties to work with the operations team driving root cause and corrective actions for issues pertaining to safety, quality, and customer delivery driving the implementation
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply