Mercedes-Benz Vans - Paint Shop Manufacturing Engineer - ECoat
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Paint Shop Manufacturing Engineer - ECoat
Employment TypeDirect Placement
With our growing automotive client, you are part of a world class team that makes sure that the cars built meet the highest expectations from our customers. We are seeking a Paint Shop Manufacturing Engineer at our Charleston, SC plant.
Develop, implement, and improve a Pretreatment/Ecoat system for the new Paint Shop.
1. Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication and paint materials, focusing on designated paint shop processes.
2. Confer with equipment and supply vendors.
3. Perform a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience in installation and running of Pretreatment/E-coat systems in Automotive Paint Shops
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods (especially coating) procedures and process technology with presentation of technical information
- Strong process engineering "LEAN" skill set
- Proven written and verbal communication at all levels within the organization with good negotiation skills
- Intercultural competencies to build productive work relationships
- Knowledge of German Language is an advantage
- Paint shop start up experience
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities