Robert Bosch, LLC - Associate Industrial Engineer
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Associate Industrial Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC – Associate Industrial Engineer – Charleston, SC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of $78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.Industrial Engineer
Apply BPS/Lean Manufacturing Principles in design and integration of new and existing production systems and business processes. Establish and maintain facility layouts, material handling systems, and work measurement standards for manufacturing, assembly, and support operations with consideration for work methods and ergonomics.
- Evaluate and improve people, material and information flow in all aspects of value stream and all areas of responsibility (manufacturing, logistics, and support operations).
- Measure and improve work methods and maintain time standards using Methods Time Measurement (MTM), stopwatch time studies and work sampling studies.
- Develop and improve Standardized Work Instructions.
- Design manual and semi-automated work systems with flexible capacity with respect to number of operators.
- Create/maintain current and future facilities and equipment layouts using CAD.
- Coordinate and facilitate prioritization of utility installation and equipment relocation, installation, retirement, or storage projects.
- Create Value Stream Maps to document current state and design future state.
- Determine appropriate inventory levels for supermarkets using kanban calculation.
- Design, implement and improve material handling systems, including input on packaging design.
- Design, implement, and improve Pull and Continuous Flow systems.
- Design, evaluate and improve manual jobs using ergonomics best practices, analytical techniques and applicable software.
- Perform ergonomics assessments in order to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
- Create and maintain production routings and material allocations in SAP-UBK.
- Perform 5S assessments in all areas of plant.
- Use structured decision analysis techniques for alternative selection.
- Contribute as participant, facilitator or leader of cross-functional teams.
- Participate in Point CIP activities and use proven problem solving methodologies (PDCA, Analytical Troubleshooting, root cause analysis) to eliminate deviations.
- BS Engineering; BS Industrial/Systems Engineering preferred.
- Lean manufacturing implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrate systems thinking and an ability to apply BPS principles in the workplace
- Demonstrate change management skills and the ability to lead conversions from traditional production principles to lean
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link -http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**