Robert Bosch, LLC - Sr. Development Engineer
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Sr. Development Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Sr. Development Engineer
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life.”
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
- Responsible design engineer for hydraulic modulator hardware and customer interface components; including development of new components, cost reduction of existing parts and production support activities.
- Construction of new and innovative hydraulic modulator components for new Bosch products using Unigraphics 3-D CAD according to internationally defined functional and durability specifications.
- Lead design for manufacturing studies to achieve robust, low cost design solutions within the limits of project timing.
- Review and understand system level HU functional and durability specifications. Work with test engineers to construct validation plans based on DFMEA and DRBFM analysis and validate components for release to production.
- Communicate design direction throughout the engineering community world-wide (mainly Germany, Japan and China) and lead international design reviews to ensure that components can be produced internationally for use in all regions.
- Conduct design reviews with internal and external suppliers; implementing corrective measures when necessary to meet project specifications and expectations.
- Construct and maintain project timelines; self-initiate actions when necessary to meet commitments to internal and external customers.
- Document design investigations in technical reports; conduct patent searches for similar designs.
- Release of entire design package including parts drawings, tolerance calculations, cost beak down, validation reports, documentation of internal investigations, DFMEAs, confirmation from production that design is suitable.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or in a similar technical engineering discipline and proven product development experience from concept through product release.
- Excellent 3-D CAD design skills and a strong ambition to construct detailed models and drawings of different hardware concepts for design reviews and cost evaluations.
- Self-driven and proactive.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- High attention to detail, on-time delivery and excellent first-pass yield
- Ability to work according to pre-defined development processes, industry standards, and norms as required in the field of safety relevant automotive products.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate with various groups and departments within Bosch, including associates at other locations (i.e. US, Europe, Japan, China).
- Basic technical knowledge and aptitude to learn function of modulation components and systems.
- Experience with FMEA, DRBFM, and systematic problem solving methods a plus.
- German language is beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to travel internationally to participate in design reviews, workshops, and strategic discussions a must.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**