Robert Bosch, LLC - Associate Development Engineer
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Associate Development Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life.”
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Responsible for engineering project management of ABS/ESP hydraulic modulators.
Work with the design team, test engineers, customer project management at Bosch CC-AS and customer representatives to assure on-time development and release of hydraulic modulators and related engineering projects into series production. Focus would initially be on customer projects with ABS/ESP systems assembled in Charleston and Aguascalientes, MX. Additional responsibilities would include technical support for those Bosch ABS/ESP plants.
- Prepare engineering responses to customer project quotations with effort and material cost estimates and perform technical project assessments
- Define the HW content of hydraulic modulators in project management databases
- Assess customer technical requirements and compare with product specifications
- Answer customer’s technical questions and review the design, FMEA & validation plans
- Manage project milestones and work per Bosch local and global engineering processes
- Work with project component managers for other components as part of a cross-functional team
- Coordinate the creation and update of customer offer drawings with CAD designers in various locations
- Coordinate the creation and update of technical customer documents with the design and test teams
- Prepare product BOM releases and manage engineering changes for the project(s)
- Plan and assure delivery of internal test and validation samples, support sample deliveries to the customer
- Participate in the product design reviews with other affected functional areas in engineering and the plant
- Perform additional departmental tasks in design, Hydraulics platform development and/or testing
- Manage HU projects in a dynamic environment and ensure all deliverables to internal and external are on time and the required quality
- Maintain an overview of planned and actual project budget for each project
Support customers and plants with product knowledge – remotely or occasionally in person
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or a technical / engineering discipline. Associate degree in Engineering Technology with 2+ years relevant job experience also considered.
- Ability to work according to defined processes, industry standards, and norms.
- Proficiency in technical projects from initial quotation support, sample management, product release, bill of materials and engineering changes.
- Highly motivated to work in a team setting and in a highly dynamic project environment.
- Well organized, high attention to detail, committed to on-time delivery and first-pass yield.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate with various groups and departments within Bosch, including associates at other locations (i.e. US, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, and Japan).
- Basic technical knowledge and aptitude to learn the function and interaction of modulation components and systems.
- Travel within the US as well as to other countries (mainly Mexico, Germany, Japan) on occasion
- Good oral, written and presentation skills are essential to the position
- German language skills are beneficial, but not required
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**