Die Cast Process Engineer
Job TitleDie Cast Process Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Casting Process Engineer
The Casting Process Engineer plans, directs, develops and coordinates deployment of Die cast manufacturing processes and will support the start-up of our new greenfield facility.
Develops, evaluates, and improves die casting manufacturing process and methods.
- Product quotations - Reviews product engineering prints and specifications, Analyzes and puts forward estimate / plan for cycle times, scrap, work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Liaises and Confers with production planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications.
- Evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts as required
- Responsible for process development and continuous improvement to reduce cycle times, scrap manpower etc.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods (DOEs) to evaluate process efficiency.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from four-year college or university with two to four years of experience in High Pressure Die Casting (HPDC) or Gravity Die Casting (GDC), OR six to eight years related experience and high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Working knowledge of GD&T, ability to read and understand product prints and specification, AUTOCAD, AIAG Standards is required.
- Working knowledge of DOEs and Solidification models (MAGMA, EKK etc) is preferred
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid relocation
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities