Job TitleMechatronics Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jump-start your career with MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, South Carolina, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Mechatronic Technician, you will maintaining production equipment to ensure that Mercedes-Benz Vans meets daily production requirements.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Or Relevant certification + 3 years relevant experience
- Or Relevant associate’s degree + 1-year relevant experience
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Or relevant certification + 4 years relevant experience
- Or Relevant associate degree + 2 years relevant experience (preferred)
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Knowledge of industrial AC/DC electricity [24V-480V], mechanical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics required
- Experience changing out bearing and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Office, email)
- PLC/BUS system education and/or experience strongly (preferred)
- Robotics (Kuka, Durr) experience (preferred)
- Oven and paint booth supply air maintenance experience preferred (i.e. Maxon Gas Train)
- Pumping system maintenance experience (preferred)
- Conveyor system maintenance experience (preferred)
- Strong communications skills (listening, speaking, writing)
- Travel and/or overtime may be required
- Repair work including necessary disassembly and re-assembly of production equipment
- Keep repair and maintenance records
- Perform equipment PM tasks to ensure we maintain manufacturer recommended specifications
- Ability to properly size circuit conductors, circuit protector devices, ability to run conduit if needed, install electrical equipment, wire and unwire equipment as needed
- Identify and investigate errors and malfunctions as they relate to the items below:
- Intermittent/inconsistent electrical and mechanical failures on production equipment o
- PLC’s, 24v control circuits, 480v 3phase systems, 4-20ma circuits, VFD’s, PC controllers, and fieldbus technology/control technology
- Complex mechanical components such as pumps, motors, bearings, etc.
- Execute modernizations, extensions, and modifications according to specifications and/or sketches of electrical drawings
- If necessary, adjust PLC programming and utilize PLC to troubleshoot issues
- Independently construct or design equipment with use of PLC, BUS-Systems, Network Technology, Mechanical Components, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems and Cooling/Lubrication Systems
- Improve resources and installations (idea generation and planning)
- Change processes
- Change process parameters
- Change hardware
- Modify software (PLC, PC, etc.)
- Perform cycle time analysis and optimize as needed
- Support associates within assigned production areas
- Obtain operative materials, equipment and service providers
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply