Mercedes-Benz Vans - Process Audit Specialist
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Process Audit Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group’s many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in North Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van production plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing assembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan is "Vans. Born to Run." and we invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Ensures the transition of the Quality Management Systems to the current issue of the implemented IATF and ISO standards. Plans, organizes and performs internal audits and creates corrective actions. Plans and supports external party certification audits for QMS and EMS systems by analyzing, prioritizing, achieving on time requirements.
- Independently assures customer satisfaction for both our internal and external customers by maintaining and improving both systems. Assess unusual circumstances, suggests variations in approaches, and incomplete or conflicting data.
- Plans, organizes and performs independently internal system, process, and on-demand audits and supports external audits. Performs gap analysis and exercises judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaption of both standard and complex techniques and procedures.
- Investigates and eliminates independently causes of systemic quality problems and is responsible for following up on corrective actions. Develops recommendations on corrective actions and deviations.
- Autonomously ensures Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS). Evaluates conformity and improvement of documentation, including review and distribution of new and revised MBV policies and procedures and monitors implementation.
- Leads and consults internal auditors and participants of certification audits in order to achieve successful external party certification.
- Supports the development, testing, implementation, and training of new IT applications in the Quality department during introduction and upgrades.
- Supports the communication and implementation of MBV activities to assure compliance with the Daimler Product Safety Directive.
- Independently organizes and supports all necessary training to QMS and EMS Lead Auditors and process map users.
- Independently prepares and supports all activities for QMS and EMS Management Review.
- Bachelor of Arts or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of internal quality systems auditing in a support role and one year of document/record coordination
- Successful completion an accredited TS 16949, or VDA6 lead auditor course is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS 16949, or VDA6 Management system is preferred.
- Must excel in working in a team environment
- Flexibility to work night / split shift, weekends, as required
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization (Horizontal and vertical).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and apply time management independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC ("MBV")is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing operations. In July 2016, MBV officially broke ground on the site of its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.