Robert Bosch, LLC - Control Systems Engineer
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Control Systems Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC – Control Systems Engineer– Charleston, SC
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life.”
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Develop specialized knowledge for the MES system and its application use in HDEV6 manufacturing while utilizing this knowledge to improve, troubleshoot database system to meet internal manufacturing expectations for data collection and reporting.
Communicate effectively within the IPN, to customers and direct technicians, electricians, and contractors as required.
Oversee/implement documentation processes and standards for incident management.
Request procurement and install / update / coordinate necessary changes in MES System with technical resources.
Problem analysis and the development of action plans.
Establish and maintain contacts with vendors and suppliers of system and systems support.
Establish and execute training plan for key-users for MES system to ensure 1st level support for production line.
Conform to all standards to ensure the accomplishment of design, assembly, testing, runoff, and acceptance/signoff of production equipment.
Prioritize/handle multiple projects with minimal impact on individual projects.
Provide support for contract/technical issues to project engineer.
Prepare functional descriptions for MES system operations.
Support in-house systems' testing and site commissioning of systems.
Perform other essential and peripheral duties as may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Control Engineering
- Minimum 2-years hands-on experience with machine controls and industrial.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and IT server concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with the application and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Good knowledge of the application of computers, IBM-compatible PCs, etc.
- Experienced with the application of current Human Machine Interface (HMI) Programs.
- Knowledge of control system theory including closed-loop systems.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to travel national and international for training, project and supplier visits.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**