Robert Bosch, LLC - Process Engineer (Laser drilling)
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Process Engineer (Laser drilling)
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC - Process Engineer (Laser Drilling) - Charleston, SC
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life”.
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
The Laser Drilling Process Engineer will plan, implement, and support assembly laser drilling
system operations, equipment, material handling, and process documentation.
- Laser drilling system process/equipment development and optimization
- Support and implement lead-plant and IPN laser drilling system standards
- Establish documentation to fulfill all IATF and QS 16949 requirements
- Support production operations (troubleshooting, maintenance, trials, capacity planning)
- Market research (latest advancement in laser drilling system technology)
- PFMEA, Control Plan and Process Flow support
- Project management (ability to lead teams)
- Laser drilling systems set-up and implementation
- Develop and execute associate laser drilling system training
- Implementation of laser drilling systems (support)
- Communication and participation with Lead-plants and IPN (CoT, CoC, Expert Teams)
- RT5 process/development support and solution implementation
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing environment (start-up experience an asset)
- Systematic problem solver (8D, 5-why, Decision Analysis, etc.)
- Multi-task, detail and results oriented
- Proficient in SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Creative, resourceful and flexible
- Good interaction skills, effective communicator (oral, written), willing to share information
- Nondestructive testing (weld analysis and evaluations)
- Willing to accept minimal travel for Laser training.
- Laser systems (various) equipment/process knowledge or experience (preferred)
- Equipment maintenance and management (PM, TPM) knowledge and troubleshooting experience (preferred)
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities