Senior Project Engineer
Job TitleSenior Project Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Responsible to the Engineering Director to serve as technical and project management lead on multiple parallel programs to include armored and tactical vehicle design, occupant survivability systems, blast mitigation seats, and other programs as needed to support the company Business Plan.
- Lead the design, development, and integration of products, including vehicle occupant seating, mechanical systems, armor solutions, vehicle dynamics solutions (suspension, braking, payload, etc), molded components, etc., as dictated by customer requirements.
- Effectively route Engineering projects through the entire product design cycle: requirements analysis, market analysis, concept development, CAD development, DFM, design review, DFMEA, prototype build, test/evaluation, production-ready build, data management, and change management.
- Serve as a mentor for Design Engineers, demonstrating strong leadership, sound decision making and good communication.
- Interface with the Program Management department to provide schedule/scope/budget updates to key projects.
- Practice current Engineering Standards for design, data management, design best practices, engineering changes, etc.
- Maintain accurate Bills of Materials for designs, in CAD (SolidWorks), PDM Software (EPDM), and ERP System (Syteline).
- Adhere to current Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the physical build of prototype and production products (the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability/desire to spend time on the production floor).
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and 10 years of experience in a mechanical design/project management role in a manufacturing environment. Fewer years of experience will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Must be eligible for US Security Clearance (SECRET at minimum). Current clearance preferred.
- Working knowledge/familiarity of applicable international ballistic/blast survivability standards (STANAG, VPAM, NIJ, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of industry standard armoring materials (ballistic steels, transparent armor, ceramics, etc) and manufacturing processes (welding, bending, fabrication, coatings, etc).
- Familiarity with military vehicle development cycle (SDR, PDR, CDR, etc) and US Military Standards (MIL-STD).
- Experience in armored/tactical vehicle design and Human Factors Engineering.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and/or Electrical Integration considered a plus.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in The US.
- Communication will be critical for the success of this position. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal communication skills and strive to improve communication throughout the team, as well as with other company facilities.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities