LocationGoose Creek, SC
Job TitleWelding Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career as a Welding Engineer with W International in Goose Creek, SC and expand your professional portfolio. As the Welding Engineer, you will implement welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties of metal alloys, and engineering principles. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology is required
- ABET Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology (preferred)
- Theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, shielded metal arc, submerged arc, and stud welding processes. Additional knowledge of other processes (preferred)
- Theoretical understanding of the welding of ferrous and non-ferrous base metals. This includes:
- Bulk base metal microstructure
- Bulk phase transformations of the base metals and weld metal that can occur during welding
- Proper selection of filler metals
- Theoretical understanding of nondestructive testing methods for welds and surfaces
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and teamwork skills
- Interest in working with multiple disciplines in support of product design and manufacture and adept with MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office programs
- Self-motivated, showing initiative and creativity with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply