Enviva Biomass - Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job TitleEnviva Biomass - Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Maunfacturing Engineering Manager
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Greenwood, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements, conducting root cause analysis for production issues, providing technical input for capital projects and implementing best process and equipment practices to ultimately drive throughput improvement and reliability for Enviva. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering (specifically Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical).
- 5+ years of experience in a process engineering role involving manufacturing, repair or modification, 3 of which in a lead or supervisory role preferred
- Experience in wood products or paper manufacturing is highly desire
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of process design and improvement
- Must be able to define engineering work statements and provide accurate labor estimates
- Must be self-starting, detail-oriented and an effective planner and project manager
- Specific knowledge of engineering workflows, configuration control and change management
- Must be an effective leader and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities using tools such as Cause Mapping, 8D or similar
- Must be familiar with continuous improvement methods
- Ability to travel occasionally (<15%)
- Must have experience with leading teams of technical people and managing complex projects
- Experience working within a paper or wood pellet plant with mechanical / electrical engineering responsibilities
- Experience with software tools such as AX, Power BI, Microsoft 365
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Provide hands-on leadership to a Manufacturing team focused on developing and improving manufacturing processes, efficiencies, and overall throughput
- Oversee a team focused on executing strategic initiatives to drive equipment reliability improvements and process improvements
- Value Stream mapping the processes required for identifying gaps and waste
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements and process systems changes that will improve quality of the finished product
- Establish a financial engineering forecast and execute against the plan
- Drive projects to completion to provide a true economic return
- Improve and verify technical skill levels of all associates on the team
- Identify and address skill performance gaps within converting team
- Work with Centers of Excellence to influence Asset Reliability and Reliability Strategies (including spares, down day planning, lubrication, operator basic care routes, asset clean to inspect, etc.)
- Have an open mind with a questioning attitude to identify true root cause and implement countermeasure to eliminate failures
- Lead site technical conformance to OEMS Standards
- 4.1: Design and Engineering Specifications, 4.5: Procedures and Standard Work, 4.6: Project Management
- Support site technical conformance to OEMS Standards
- 4.2: Proactive Maintenance and Integrity, 4.3: Maintenance Work Process, 4.4: Spare Parts Strategy.
- Insure significant downtime events are loaded as incidents in OEMS
7.1: Incident Investigation
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply