Manufacturing Engineer II
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer II
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Jumpstart your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Manufacturing Engineer II, you will assist with the administration of the AFCS (Automated Fastener Confirmation System). Define and optimizes systems and methods utilized in daily AFCS system operation, monitoring, and emergency strategies. Coordinates tool movement and maintenance of master data related to system operation. Support/lead investigation, resolution, and implementation of solutions for major fastening investigations, including follow-up on torque specifications due to strip outs, cross threading. Plan technical aspects of fastening systems including hardware/software modifications as required. Lead special projects as assigned including equipment and structure modifications. Implement company standards for torque monitoring and fastening.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering)
- 4 years manufacturing engineering experience also accepted
- Master’s degree in engineering (preferred)
- 6+ years of related professional engineering experience, including 3+ years of project/system management
- Plans and/or leads any changes to the assembly fastening strategy, maintaining fastening system status/structure overview (confirmations, tool locations, tool movements, TDS, and line balance activities)
- Plans, procures, implements, and provides technical support for process tools, fixtures, equipment, software, hardware and/or process definition
- Leads any special projects and/or self-initiated projects continuous improvement, structural planning, and/or other series/new model related planning projects
- Provides specialized technical guidance and support to team members
- Monitors and maintains IT systems utilized for AFCS and maintains interaction with plant IT department as needed
- Provides training and process improvement for AFCS system activities/projects for production, planning, & support areas utilizing responsible systems/processes
- Assists with analysis on process, quality and/or systems failures not solvable by production areas
- Performs ROI calculations for CIP, structural, series, and or new model related projects and implements project specific tasks independently or with the assistance of project team
- Assists with problem solving activities using general knowledge of department, platform, and/or equipment related systems
- Measurable include AFCS system uptime/pass rate, availability of tools, fixture & equipment for AFCS (new model & series), CIP project completion to plan, resolution of PQM items, adherence to budget planned to target, Value Added Request (VAR) completion to planned to target, and core and department specific training completion as required
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply