Controls Engineer - 2nd or 3rd shift
LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job TitleControls Engineer - 2nd or 3rd shift
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with our client in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Control Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise for solving all types of process issues, and to act as a primary contact with the end customer for any and all production issues. Primary goals are to support improvement of plant metrics such as downtime, customer PPM, and defects.
- Health Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Automotive manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience with the development, installation, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively implement short- and long-term countermeasures
- Knowledge of PLC programming (preferred)
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, JIS, OEE, line sequencing, KANBAN, etc. (preferred)
- Ability to lead cost focused solutions to manufacturing issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to read and interpret caliper readings
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or crouch
- Lead continuous improvements and provide technical expertise solving process problems
- Troubleshoot equipment and part defects
- Implement corrective actions quickly and effectively
- Manage process documentation such as work instructions and setup instructions
- Optimize the manufacturing processes to improve quality and material flow, while reducing cycle times
- Work with the Process Planning team during development and launch of new equipment, tooling, and processes
- Provide training for new and modified processes
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply