Job TitleQuality Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of all products purchased and produced by our client.
- Plans, conducts, and follows up on vendor quality system audits. Works with vendors to improve their quality systems and improve the quality of the delivered product.
- Works with R&D Associates and/or Process Engineering during the design and release of products to ensure proper quality system controls and documentation are in place when the product is released for production.
- Leads or participates in problem solving teams, conducting investigations, identifying root causes, and implementing corrective actions as necessary to assure product quality.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews data and/or performs studies of various purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Proactively analyze existing processes to determine and implement steps to improve the process or prevent future problems, reduce scrap, or improve capability.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures related to the Management System (ISO 9001:2008).
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Conducts product measurement and evaluation process reviews.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a science related field or three or more years of service in manufacturing supervision or support of manufacturing in such areas as: quality, research and development, engineering, supply chain, etc.
- Have knowledge of MS Access Database software; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to develop comprehend, and interpret, statistics (such as mean, standard deviation, process capability index, confidence intervals and probabilities) from raw data using available computer and calculator functions and use statistical process control tools (control charts, acceptance test plans.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities