Volvo Car - Dimensional Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Dimensional Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
The purpose of theDimensional Engineer is to follow up, prioritize and continuously improve the Geometry (dimensioning) work in each plant. Additionally, to make sure that lessons learned from production regarding total vehicle final demands, quality of geometrical systems and robustness, and plant process capability is carried back to responsible parties in the organization in order to assure Volvo’s Geometry deliverables in future launches.
- Develop the VCME Geometry Assurance function and work methods within the Geometry department between the plants.
- Develop and lead the Geometry Assurance robustness, capability and feasibility methods and tools for CO´s, projects, pre-series and running production.
- Feed the up-stream lessons learned and continuous improvement work towards Geometry methods to secure Volvo Cars business objectives.
- Support to the VRT areas in geometrical issues.
- Lead continuous cost and performance efficiency tasks within Geometry assurance.
- Develop, lead and perform continuous education & training of Geometry methods, principles, cross functional interactions and tools for the plants.
- Ownership of the perceived quality final demands achievements towards the customers over the lifetime of the vehicles.
- Develop and ensure that the plant has the ability and prerequisites to fulfill geometric requirements in project phase and running products / processes
- Lead, drive and follow-up daily operational analyzes, measures improvement activities (product, process and supplier)
- Geometry assure systems and processes supporting the VCPA objectives and fulfilling specified PIST demands targets.
- Geometry support to meet the Volvo Cars Quality objectives for vehicles 3 Month in service and beyond.
- Geometry assurance Disciplines, Processes, Methods and Tools to be used by plants personnel.
- Provide robust Final demand measurement outcome of current/forward model with Zero FTT influence or production stop time.
- Deliver efficient and timely root cause analysis, containment and permanent fixes of geometrical or quality robustness Geometry systems or deliverables.
- Input VQDC / DMAIC management of geometrical issues in vehicle programs.
- Input and initiate Judgment events to maintain / improve geometrical quality.
- Plant support SGM/SQM with Geometry Expertise towards the Volvo Cars Global supplier base.
- Input Systems Geometry engineer competencies in Vehicle programs.
- University degree, Technical education or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lead and manage workgroups.
- Good process knowledge / experience of body shop and final assembly.
- Good communication skills in English, oral and written
- Experience or ability to assimilate ideas and adapt these to your own operations
- Analytical thinking with an ability to structure and prioritize
- Team player
- Catia, Teamcenter, CM4D
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to document, maintain order, and structure.
- Ability to maintain good "customer contact"
- 6-Sigma Green, blue, or black belt
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Grouphttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.