Volvo Car - Maintenance Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Maintenance Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Grouphttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the technical maintenance functions (driver) and technical management of maintenance in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance, from a technical perspective, taking into account the long-term developments and needs for the different maintenance departments. Particularly in this role, the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for PLC, electrical, and automation assets in the Body Shop.
- Participate in the execution of the technical maintenance functions and maintenance technical management in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance
- Develop, maintain and improve standards within your area to remove variability and thus create stability for you and your team, providing greater opportunity to achieve targets
- Consistently use the visualization standards in order to provide transparency on performance and challenges in your area
- Work proactively with cross-functional teams in order to understand the impact in the production flow, continually focusing on reducing bottlenecks, minimizing losses in order to maintain a high level of stability, flow and as a result cost control
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to supervisors/technicians and operator maintenance
- Be the coach for the Maintenance Technician specialists
- Dedicated, systematic and planned work, with the required flexibility
- Provide complete, clear and concise reporting regarding of activities, requested actions and problems
- Apply maintenance (floor) experience upfront in the manufacturing development process, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new equipment
- Define and update the maintenance program (preventive and corrective)
- Problem solve in an analytical and structured way: i.e. 6 sigma, DMAIC methodology or Reliability-Centered Maintenance methodology
- Define, organize and administer dedicated training to assure effective and efficient execution of tasks
- Collect, update and optimize a clear, complete and user-friendly specific documentation (inclusive visual factory)
- Setup of Bill of Material, spare parts list, and maintenance program, troubleshooting instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance practices/processes
- Strong PLC experience
- Strong knowledge in managing small projects
- 5S/Lean experience
- Automotive experience preferred
- Safety and quality-focused
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities