Volvo Car - Pre-Production Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Pre-Production Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Volvo Car in Ridgeville, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Pre-Production Management Engineer, you will be responsible for working with HQ in Sweden and the teams at the Charleston plant to discuss and convert the Master Production Schedule. You will provide data about engineering changes to other departments and manage parameters for multiple systems.
- Vehicle Leasing
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) options
- Life insurance & accidental death coverage
- Additional (optional life) coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee discounts
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in automotive production planning, engineering change or inventory control (preferred)
- Knowledge of auto industry or manufacturing
- Interests in IT systems and processes
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient problem solving/analysis skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills with ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service/focus with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Must be results-oriented
- Discuss volumes and capacities in the Master Production Schedule with HQ in Sweden and with the MP&L (Material Planning & Logistics) and production departments in the Charleston plant
- Convert the Master Production Schedule to orders in the plant MRP system
- Manage the order book of customer orders in cooperation with HQ in Sweden
- Verify product structure and bill of material for all planned orders
- Analyze material change orders, update MRP and production steering systems, and coordinate the introduction of the change orders
- Provide data about the engineering changes to other departments
- Run preliminary and fixed production plans for material requirements planning, as input for material call-off orders to batch and sequence suppliers
- Manage parameters in the production system and monitor the delivery of bodies from welding shop to paint shop and from paint shop to final assembly in order to secure perfect sequence production
- Manage parameters in the production system for inventory control and cycle counting
- Prepare and publish production planning schedules for welding shop, paint shop and final assembly, taking into account the work day calendar, restrictions and capacities of each planning point
- Track key performance indicators and take corrective actions if necessary
- Document processes and work instructions
- Represent PPM in cross-functional teams related to material and production planning topics
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply