Volvo Car - Resident SQM Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Resident SQM Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Supplier Quality Management (SQM) is a global and dynamic department within the purchasing organization of Volvo Car Group. In SQM you become a team player in the Resident SQM team that ensures suppliers to deliver parts within specification, on time and according to the ordered volumes. This includes both dealing with quality problems in running production and processing of warranty issues. We are currently hiring an engineer to join us in our EPC- commodity.
- Resolve supplier quality problems in running production and field claims (warranty)
- Ensure global coordination between all Volvo Assembly units worldwide
- Identify, communicate and resolve stop shipments or recall actions
- Support the Assembly unit with supplier related problems
- Support continuous improvement at systematically under-performing suppliers
- Improve supplier’s capability in cooperation with the local Variability Reduction Teams (VRT)
- Manage (suppliers) key performance indicators (KPIs) in your area of responsibility
- Distribute Lessons Learned from current production issues to future projects
- Keep your personal knowledge up to date
- Health benefits, including dental and vision
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity for advancement
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities