Volvo Car - Senior Dimensional Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Senior Dimensional Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
To control and co-ordinate the Geometry Assurance within the scope of the Geometry Network for an assigned vehicle area during all stages of a project and in full production. This shall involve cross cluster and cross project activities.
- Provide experience from System Solution, Final Demand, Supplier Capabilities and Measuring of current Products to problem solving team, also judge and summarize lessons learns as input to future projects
- Initiates and leads cross functional team (or support leading other Geometry Engineers) for complex problem solving.
- Give geometry education and share geometry experience to internal geometry team and plant problem solving teams
- Define additional measuring requirements for analysis. Judge which equipment or way is best and give suggestions on the measurements.
- Analyze results of Supplier Measurement and provide assessment of impact on build in production.
- Conduct in depth Analysis of Measurement Results from Factory
- Evaluate modifications and adjustments resulting from Analysis in the plant.
- Support production parameter technicians to run A to C geometry process coordination and maintaining.
- Interface at the working level within the Volvo Geometry Network with similar responsible Engineers at all related Volvo establishments (e.g. VCT, VCG, VCBC, VCMM, VCCD, VCDQ, VCLQ etc.....).
- Recommend changes to geometric requirements resulting from above investigations. Evaluation of modifications and adjustments resulting from this Analysis
- Initiate updating of geometric requirements document and CMM Programme changes where defined as required (e.g. Target Values, Measuring and Capability Points, etc.)
- Create the Weekly geometry indicators management status reports to inform factory management of the Geometry output, improvements, etc. within their specific areas.
- Engineering degree or above. Majored in machinery or computer is preferred.
- More than 8 years’ Geometry field working experience.
- Automobile industry experience is preferred.
- Good leadership and negotiation skills
- Be conversant with 2D drawing.
- Good computer and MS office skills
- Good English in speaking & writing.
- Be conversant with CM4D (Measurements Analysis tools)
- Have a flexible approach to problem solving, prefer certified Level 2 - 6 sigma
- Have an understanding of Space Mathematics and System Kinematics
- Be fully conversant with the engineering, processes and production of all components in the identified area
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Grouphttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.