Volvo Car - Health & Safety Manager
Job CategoryProf-Environmental, Health & Safety
Job TitleVolvo Car - Health & Safety Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Volvo in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. The Health & Safety Manager will provide leadership to Volvo Car employees, to manage Health & Safety activities and programs and incident prevention activities, and ensure compliance with Volvo, local, state, and national requirements. The position will also be responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, policies, training, and procedures. The position will promote a strong safety culture and maintenance of a healthy work environment.
- Health benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field
- CIH, CSP or other safety-related professional certifications (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in health and safety management or experience in a technical environment requiring adherence to strong health and safety practices
- Experience in automotive industry or similar manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and solve problems
- Manages site activities to achieve Health & Safety goals and objectives
- Maintains full compliance with all current and upcoming legal requirements as they relate to Health & Safety
- Provides ongoing communication and deals directly with the local authorities in all matters related to Health & Safety
- Develops relevant internal and external networks to ensure best practices and long term planning
- Develops, maintains and distributes the Health & Safety Management System in accordance with OSHAS18001 and Volvo Car requirements
- Drives and promotes zero incident/accident culture and employee engagement throughout the business
- Uses established key performance indicators to manage and report data such as injuries and illnesses, risk assessments, H&S action items and other pertinent information. Maintains the OSHA 300 log and analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Ensures audits are completed on a regular basis of the office and production areas to detect existing or potential risks and hazards. Ensures the recommended corrective or preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures contractors and subcontractors have implemented an effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by visiting/auditing work in progress on a regular basis
- Participates on corporate teams as needed to assist in the development of safety policies and procedures
- Drives incident and near miss reporting. Performs root cause analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their recurrence
- Evaluates non-standard tasks to uncover risks and identify corrective actions
- Coaches/mentors employees on safe work practices, hazard identification and risk management
- Oversees workers' compensation program administration, including working with all parties to aggressively manage and support transitional duty and return to work programs
- Completes risk assessments and recommend control measures for all potential areas of concern
- Manages the safety data sheet and new chemical request process
- Participates in onboarding of new employees, as well as providing safety training for all employees, as needed, per OSHA standards
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply