Job TitlePress Operator
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career in Griffin, GA, and expand your professional portfolio. Performs machine set-up for orders, safely operates machine to production target, waste, and quality standards, and troubleshoots machine when it is down or not performing to standard.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience working in a flexographic printing operation (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic machine functions and press software
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong math skills
- Outstanding customer/client focus
- Proficient leadership and problem solving skills
- Strong technical capacity
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be results driven
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sets-up machine to specifications outlined on the order and to standard set-up time & procedure
- Operates machine to standard production target and waste target
- Troubleshoots machine when it is down or not performing to standard
- Assists maintenance with machine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operation of the machine is consistent with the policies and procedures which make up the Quality System.
- Continuously improve the process as an individual and as a team member
- Initiates and supports improvement initiatives
- Ensures work area is kept clean according to facility/corporate standards
- Ensures all environmental standards and requirements are met
- Performs inspections per Quality Procedure
- Cleans machine and area according to schedule
- Ensures assigned machine Preventive Maintenance (PM) is performed according to the schedule
- Completes all required tracking forms (Job Plan, Shift Run Report, Quality Sheet, and checklists)
- Ensures materials are available for next order & next shift
- Directs the work of the machine crew, which includes 1, or all of the following: bag catcher or press helper
- Makes "run / don't run" call with input from supervisor
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply