Job TitleMaintenance Planner
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva Biomass in Ahoskie, NC and expand your professional portfolio. As the Maintenance Planner, will be responsible for the planning & scheduling of routine, preventative, predictive and outage related E & I and mechanical maintenance activities. The Planner supports the team members to achieve maximum facility availability in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner within all environmental, regulatory and safety standards. This involves directing the planning of Maintenance activities and the coordination of the necessary resources to accomplish that objective. The incumbent supports the Maintenance Manager in the development, implementation and administration of the maintenance strategy to achieve the objectives identified in the Business Plan. The position is responsible to ensure all aspects of employee safety including implementation of safe work practices and promoting safety awareness.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- High School Diploma required
- Technical school coursework preferred with five years of relevant work experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study with four (4) years of relevant work experience desire
- Can coordinate and prioritize purchasing, planning, and maintenance work with production requirements
- Proven ability to interpret and administer policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff
- Must be a self-starter, team player and multi-tasker
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (oral and written)
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Approach all work order planning with the understanding that safety is the #1 priority
- Receiving, reviewing and ensuring accuracy and completeness of all requests for plant work and then going out into the plant and planning the work
- Developing and drafting written maintenance plans that clearly communicate the work scope and maximize the job productivity for the work force employees
- Determining and arranging for materials, parts and special tools or equipment required to perform work order scope and making sure they are available before scheduling the work
- Coordinating maintenance planning activities and reviewing work orders with the appropriate personnel to assure safety and mutual agreement and understanding, arranging for LOTO
- Operations, maintaining liaison among departments to coordinate maintenance planning activities
- Provides fast response for support to plant operations as needed
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply