Senior Maintenance Technician
LocationGreen Island, NY
Job TitleSenior Maintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Senior Maintenance Technician
Expand your professional portfolio as a Senior Maintenance Technician with our client in Albany. As the Senior Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for a variety of plant equipment including sewing machines, automatic quilters, mechanized conveyors, and building utilities such as power and compressed air distribution. Multi-craft skills are required, to include, but not limited to, welding. You will also set up, service and repair mechanical and computer-controlled machinery used in mattress manufacturing. This Senior Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair electrical infrastructure, including basic PLC programming, electrical equipment installations, and circuit board replacements. This is a direct-hire position.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Great hours
- Direct-hire opportunity
- Experience with PLC’s and control systems, reading electrical schematics, building functioning controls panels/systems (electrical)
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical systems including; Hydraulic systems, low- and high-pressure pumps, open and closed loop piping systems and the ability to troubleshoot existing mechanical systems and prepare scope of work for installation of new systems (mechanical)
- Experience plus advanced knowledge and background in, manufacturing equipment and industrial electrical systems
- Experience installing/replacing industrial motors, VFD, control power
- Certificate or license in electrical, or PLC Controls (preferred)
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including, but not limited to, programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment. Such equipment may include sewing equipment, motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair sewing equipment, preventative maintenance; carryout scheduled maintenance
- Repair and set up equipment for operators, either mechanically or by programming;
- Respond to sudden breakdowns during production
- Assemble and test machinery to make sure it is safe and operational before placing back into production
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply