Robert Bosch, LLC - Manufacturing Electrician
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Manufacturing Electrician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of $78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link -http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC. If you prefer, you may send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
- Uses various measuring and testing equipment to troubleshoot, modify, repair PLCs, PCs, CNCs, and Robots, as well as electronic/electrical circuits, equipment, control systems, and network components.
- Demonstrates self initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilizes CIP concepts to improve quality, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Use various support software tools such as spreadsheets, ProMaster, and SAP to support maintenance.
- Provide maintenance support on cross-functional teams.
- Receives and provides proper turnovers of necessary personnel as required.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, modifies and replaces all types of electrical and electronic components relative to controls.
- Uses Computer/PLC programs to monitor, troubleshoot, and modify machine controls, sequences and processes.
- Installs and upgrades computer software.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree, apprenticeship graduate, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in maintaining control systems and electrical/electronic repair.
- Must have experience utilizing prints, schematics, and documentation for troubleshooting issues.
- Must have a working knowledge of electro-hydraulic/electro-pneumatic systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOS, Windows, and the ability to operate personal computers.
- Previous experience with self -managed teams, preferred.
- Must have taken following Work Keys tests and received required score: Applied Technology (4), Locating Information (5), and Workplace Observation (3).
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities