Robert Bosch, LLC - Toolmaker
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Toolmaker
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC – Toolmaker
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of
$78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
MAU Workforce Solutions has an exclusive agreement with Robert Bosch, LLC in Charleston, SC and facilitates all hiring activities from internal hires, co-ops, contractors and external hires for its location.
- Constructs, alters and repairs highly complex tools, dies, gauges, fixtures, and jigs using a variety of hand, power or machine tools.
- Performs complete set-up on all assigned machines, which may include CNC machines.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilizes CIP concepts to improve quality and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Works from blueprints, work orders, and verbal instructions, plans sequence of operations gathering necessary material to complete job.
- Lays out work making exacting calculations as required or locate correct dimensions on tool in process.
- Sets up and operates appropriate machine tool (mills, grinders, lathes, drill presses etc.) to perform the variety of functions necessary to complete the tool in process.
- Performs hand bench operation such as lapping, fitting, and assembly as required.
- Checks finished tools for dimensional accuracy using micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, sine plates, sine bars, toolmaker microscopes and other types of fixed and variable measuring instruments.
- Provides training, assistance, and instruction to other team members and performs other duties as required. Maintains neat and orderly work area. (BPS / 5S Compliant). Works from a weekly shop schedule that is managed to meet customer delivery commitments.
- Writes CNC programs which include calculating required speeds, feeds and transition points for work piece. Designs and schedules acquisition of all special tooling needed. Identifies, designs, and builds fixture concepts required to complete job.
- Sets up and operates conventional CNC EDM machine (preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have served a recognized toolmaking apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link -http://your.bosch-career.com/en/web/com/com/home/home. Select the "Search" button and then sort positions by City to view the Bosch positions posted for Charleston, SC.**