Maintenance Group Leader - Body Shop
Job TitleMaintenance Group Leader - Body Shop
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Maintenance Group Leader - Body Shop
Join MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Maintenance Group Leader, you will ensure the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of a Body Shop Maintenance Group. You will also monitor production and meet established production and meet defined targets.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- Relocation Assistance
- Direct-hire opportunity
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Must have experience with (Body, Paint, or Assembly) Shop Maintenance
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills essential, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Automotive industry experience
- Understands and applies "root cause analysis"
- Must be able to work second shift and weekends
- Monday through Friday, 2:20 PM – 10:40 PM
- Act as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group
- Oversee, organize, and coordinate all work content of the group
- Motivate, support, develop, and challenge team members to their optimal potential
- Manage flow of communication to the team and to management
- Drive continuous improvement for maintenance processes, efficiency, quality, environment, and ergonomics
- Identify trouble areas and resolves issues
- Administer company policies and procedures
- Assume ownership and accountability for personnel management:
- Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counseling, resource planning and team building
- Coordinate schedules and workflow for the team
- Plan, control, and approve vacation, employee shifts, qualifications, and schedules
- Provide feedback to all involved departments to improve overall performance of the plant
- Prepare reports based on data
- Present findings to management and others
- Introduce measures for positive development of employees
- Facilitate and participates in regularly scheduled meetings
- Project management and work shop involvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply